We at myQuest Inc. ("myQuest", "us", "we", or "our") recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our customers and their end users. We have developed a system that integrates the learning management systems ("LMS") and communications system used by our customers ("Customers") for the purpose of engagement of the Customers' employees ("Employees") in courses ("System"). This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect from you when you use the System and the services available thereon ("Services") as an administrator on behalf of one of our Customers. This Privacy Notice also explains how we process, transfer, store and disclose the information collected, as well as your ability to control certain uses of the collected information. "You" means any adult user of the System and Services as an administrator on behalf of one of our Customers.
If you are an individual located in the European Union ("EU Individual"), some additional terms and rights may apply to you, as detailed herein. MyQuest Inc. is the data controller in respect of the processing activities outlined in this Privacy Notice. Our registered office is 10 Griffen ave Scarsdale NY 10583 and our registration number is EIN 81-1783444
When we process information of other Customer Employees in the context of providing the System to our Customers, the applicable Customer serves as a controller with respect to such Customer's Employees' Personal Data (as defined below) and myQuest serves as a processor on its behalf. If you are an Employee that is benefiting from Services through the Customer's LMS, please see the "Employees" section below.
"Personal Data" means any information that refers, is related to, or is associated with an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise may be defined by applicable law. This Privacy Notice details which Personal Data is collected by us in connection with provision of the System and Services.
The key points listed below are presented in further detail throughout this Privacy Notice. These key points do not substitute the full Privacy Notice.
1. Personal Data We Collect, Uses and Legal Basis. Depending on your usage, we collect different types of data and we and any of our third-party sub-contractors and service providers use the data we collect for different purposes, as specified below. It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with certain Personal Data, but if you refuse to provide such Personal Data we may not be able to register you to the System and/or provide you with the Services or part thereof.
1.1 Registration Data - In order to use our System and/or receive related Services, you will be required to register and provide us with the following Personal Data: your email address, and password.
How we use this data: (1) to provide you with the System and/or Services and to respond to your inquiries and requests and to contact and communicate with you; and (2) to prevent fraud, protect the security of and address any problems with the System.
Legal Basis: (1) We process this Personal Data for the purpose of providing the Services to you or our Customers, which is considered performance of a contract with you or our Customers, as applicable, including responding to your inquiries and requests and providing customer support. (2) When we process your Personal Data for the purposes of preventing fraud, protecting the security of and/or addressing problems with the System and Services, such processing is based on our legitimate interests.
1.2 Contact Information - When you request information from us or contact us for any other reason, we will collect any data you provide, such as your email address and the content of your inquiry.
How we use this data: To respond to your request or inquiry.
Legal Basis: We process this Personal Data based on performance of a contract when we respond to your inquiry.
2. Sharing the Personal Data We Collect.. We share your information, including Personal Data, as follows:
2.1 Affiliates. We share information, including your Personal Data, with our affiliated company, myQuest Ltd. where this is necessary to provide you with our products and Services, and for the purpose of management of our business.
2.2 Service Providers, and Subcontractors. We disclose information, including Personal Data we collect from and/or about you, to our trusted service providers and subcontractors, who have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and who use such information solely on our behalf in order to: (1) help us provide you with the System and/or Services; (2) aid in their understanding of how users are using our System and/or Services.
Such service providers and subcontractors provide us with IT and system administration services, data backup, security, and storage services, data analysis
2.3 Business Transfers. Your Personal Data may be disclosed as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition (including in cases of liquidation) in such case, your Personal Data shall continue being subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
2.4 Law Enforcement Related Disclosure. We may share your Personal Data with third parties: (i) if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our or a third party's rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of this Privacy Notice); (ii) when required by law, regulation subpoena, court order or other law enforcement related issues, agencies and/or authorities; or (iii) as is necessary to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligation.
2.4 Legal Uses. We may use your Personal Data as required or permitted by any applicable law, for example, to comply with audit and other legal requirements.
2.5 Other Uses or Transfer of Your Personal Data. If you use our System and/or Services with or through a third-party service, site and/or mobile application, including Microsoft Teams, we may receive information (including Personal Data) about you from those third parties. Please note that when you use third-parties outside of our System and/or Services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
3. International Transfer.
3.1 We use subcontractors and service providers and have affiliates who are located in countries other than your own, such as Israel, and send them information we receive (including Personal Data). We conduct such international transfers for the purposes described above. We will ensure that these third parties will be subject to written agreements ensuring the same level of privacy and data protection as set forth in this Privacy Notice, including appropriate remedies in the event of the violation of your data protection rights in such third country.
3.2 Whenever we transfer your Personal Data to third parties based outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
3.2.1 Whenever we transfer your Personal Data to third parties based outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
3.2.2 Where we use certain service providers not located in countries with an adequate level of protection as determined by the European Commission, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Data the same protection it has in the EEA.
3.2.3 Where we use certain service providers not located in countries with an adequate level of protection as determined by the European Commission, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Data the same protection it has in the EEA.
3.2.3 Where we use service providers based in the US, we may transfer Personal Data to them if they have been certified by the EU-US Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to Personal Data shared between the EU and the US or any other arrangement which has been approved by the European Commission or other body having jurisdiction to approve such arrangement.
3.3 Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Data out of the EEA.
4. Security. We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organization security measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to Personal Data appropriate to the nature of such data. The measures we take include:
4.1. Safeguards – The physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards we employ to protect your Personal Data include secure servers, firewalls, antivirus, and SSL encryption of data.
4.2. Access Control – We dedicate efforts for a proper management of system entries and limit access only to authorized personnel on a need to know basis of least privilege rules, review permissions quarterly, and revoke access immediately after employee termination.
4.3. Internal Policies – We maintain and regularly review and update our privacy related and information security policies.
4.4. Personnel – We require new employees to sign non-disclosure agreements according to applicable law and industry customary practice.
4.5. Encryption – We encrypt the data in transit using secure HTTPS protocols.
4.6. Database Backup – Our databases are backed up on a periodic basis for certain data and are verified regularly. Backups are encrypted and stored within a backup solution to preserve their confidentiality and integrity, are tested regularly to ensure availability, and are accessible only by authorized personnel.
4.7. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
4.8. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect user IDs and passwords, please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
5. Your Rights - How to Access and Limit Our Use of Certain Personal Data. Subject to applicable law and certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights in relation to the Personal Data that we hold about you, as detailed below. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and, in any event, within the timescales provided by applicable data protection laws. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information and/or comply with any of your requests, as detailed below:
5.1. Right of Access. You have a right to know what Personal Data we collect about you and, in some cases, to have such Personal Data communicated to you. Subject to applicable law, we may charge you with a fee. Please note that we may not be able to provide you with all the information you request, and, in such case, we will endeavor to explain to you why.
5.2. Right to Data Portability. If the processing is based on your consent or performance of a contract with you and processing is being carried out by automated means, you may be entitled to (request that we) provide you or another party with a copy of the Personal Data you provided to us in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format.
5.3. Right to Correct Personal Data. Subject to the limitations in applicable law, you may request that we update, complete, correct or delete inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated Personal Data.
5.4. Deletion of Personal Data ("Right to Be Forgotten"). If you are an EU Individual, you have a right to request that we delete your Personal Data if either: (i) it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected, (ii) our processing was based on your consent and you have withdrawn your consent, (iii) you have successfully exercised your Right to Object (see below), (iv) processing was unlawful, or (iv) we are required to erase it for compliance with a legal obligation. We cannot restore information once it has been deleted. Please note that to ensure that we do not collect any further Personal Data, you should terminate your account with us, and clear our cookies from any device where you have used our System. We may retain certain Personal Data (including following your request to delete) for audit and record-keeping purposes, or as otherwise permitted and/or required under applicable law.
5.5. Right to Restrict Processing. If you are an EU Individual, you can ask us to limit the processing of your Personal Data if either: (i) you have contested its accuracy and wish us to limit processing until this is verified; (ii) the processing is unlawful, but you do not wish us to erase the Personal Data; (iii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise, or defend of a legal claim; (iv) you have exercised your Right to Object (below) and we are in the process of verifying our legitimate grounds for processing. We may continue to use your Personal Data after a restriction request under certain circumstances.
5.6. Right to Object. If you are an EU Individual, you can object to any processing of your Personal Data which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
5.7. Right to Lodge a Complaint with Your Local Supervisory Authority. If you are an EU Individual, you may have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority if you have any concerns about how we are processing your Personal Data, though we ask that as a courtesy you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first.
6. Data Retention. Subject to applicable law and certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights in relation to the Personal Data that we hold about you, as detailed below. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and, in any event, within the timescales provided by applicable data protection laws. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information and/or comply with any of your requests, as detailed below:
6.1. Subject to applicable law, we retain Personal Data as necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems without notice to you once we deem it is no longer necessary for these purposes. Retention by any of our processors may vary in accordance with the processor's retention policy.
6.2. In some circumstances, we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, audit, accounting requirements and so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data, and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, as well as applicable legal requirements.
6.3. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like details regarding the retention periods for different types of your Personal Data.
7. Third-Party Applications and Services. All use of third-party applications or services is at your own risk and subject to such third party's terms and privacy policies.
8. Communications. We reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Should you not wish to receive such communications, you may cancel your account.
9. Children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of sixteen (16). In the event that you become aware that an individual under the age of sixteen (16) has enrolled without parental permission, please advise us immediately.
10. Changes to the Privacy Notice. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to keep it up to date with legal requirements and the way we operate our business, and we will place any updates on this webpage. Please come back to this page every now and then to make sure you are familiar with the latest version. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will seek to inform you by notice on our System or per email.
11. Comments and Questions. If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights as set out herein, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: May 2020