TCO International is a training, coaching, and consulting company with over 30 years experience. The company focuses on supporting individuals, teams and organizations thrive - with purpose – in a context of unpredictable change. TCO International specializes in the people dimension of change and their corporate clients are based all over the world.
2020 has been a highly disruptive year both for TCO International’s team and clients, requiring them to rapidly but effectively deliver all their projects remotely while maintaining the same level of quality, engagement and experiential focus. In parallel to this, they had to ensure that their HR stakeholders would feel safe in seeing them as reliable partners in the design and delivery of innovative virtual programs for their talents, managers and directors.
Turning Crisis Into an Opportunity
In rethinking their programs for the virtual world, integrating the use of myQuest, TCO International soon realized that there was an opportunity to enhance the value of their programs (click here to view a short video on their integrated learning solutions). By staying within the limits of 90-120 minutes per web workshop and the need to guarantee the expected learning outcomes their face-to-face programs, they started using myQuest to:
- Build learning journeys of 4-6 weeks with an average of 3 web workshops intertwined with myQuest before and after each synchronous session
- Convert some former face-to-face off-the-shelf activities into reflection sequences more closely linked to the single participant’s new challenges
- Create a safe environment where participants could connect informally with each other in the community area
- Start building accountability by getting the participants to proactively contact the online mentor around specific challenges
- Spot trends and needs emerging from the output from the missions
- Use peer pressure to enhance engagement and buy-in on the platform
On top of this, by using myQuest on a regular basis with all their development programs, TCO International have observed that it helps participants to:
- Manage their time more consciously
- Articulate thoughts more clearly
- Be clearer with their goals and practical change plans
- Become more aware of how to turn intentions into habits
- Encourage peer feedback and encouragement
Increasing Collaboration & Improving Relationships
While TCO International has a number of success stories linked to the use of myQuest, one of the most enriching but also challenging programs they delivered this year using the platform was to a group of 80 ICT specialists located in different parts of the world. The goal of this 3-month program was to increase collaboration amongst the extended and remote group and help them improve relations with internal and external stakeholders moving from a ‘yes, but’ attitude to a more exploratory and creative approach.
One month before the end of the program, TCO International collected some testimonials from the participants on their perception of the added value of myQuest. Amongst others, a participant shared that:
"Being relatively new to the organization having started in the middle of COVID it has given me a chance to interact and get to know some of my global colleagues in a more personal way than just in our typical business meetings. It is difficult to create online trainings that are interactive but I think this has been achieved with myQuest. There is a good amount of personal reflection and time to consider others perceptions through the interactions we have."
Moreover, when asking ‘what participants would lose by not using myQuest’, some answers were:
- Without timelines and tasks to complete, users would not prioritize completing the activities and most likely would not complete the program in its entirety.
- We would not get to have the interactions with our global colleagues to have the conversations that validate the content.
- Having an online mentor asking probing questions helps to get people to interact while guiding the direction of the discussion to further emphasize the topic.
While TCO International believes that digital learning will evolve rapidly and that their goal as training, coaching and consultancy providers is to stay ahead of the game in the virtual delivery of our solutions, myQuest has undoubtedly played a key role maintaining their reputation for the personal, human touch in remote programs throughout this highly disruptive year.